It was like all FIVE of my SENSES had just woke up from a coma



We decided I would start on the slower back roads so we crossed the freeway and headed for a nice twisty road. I got the bike up to 40 mph and it was awesome and scary. We were riding next to the river and as soon as I relaxed I started to experience the ride. I could smell the water coming up at the bridge, I could feel the air temptature change and I could smell the fresh cut grass and I could see so much more around me.  It was like all five of my senses had just woke up from a coma. The air even tasted different from inside my helmet. I couldn’t believe what a rush it was to really live this road, this ride, this adventure and I was only going 40 mph. I spent a lot of time trying to keep up with my husband. He is such a natural that he just flies along looking totally relaxed. He would check his mirrors, see was I lagging behind and then slow down. I wasn’t trying to go slow I was just so busy looking, feeling and hearing everything for the what felt like the first time. Then it happened. We came up to the two turns that haunt me to this day. They are 90 degree turns that say go 15 mph and they make me nervous every time. Todd just rides into like they are nothing so I was cruising behind him when they came up and when I got into the turn it scared the crap out of me. I had to lean really hard and I swear I was looking at pavement a little to closely and then as soon as you get straight again you have to veer the other direction. I made it but my heart was beating quite quickly when I was done. It was thrilling and scary all at the same time. Which is really what my bike feels like to me most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment